Re: [hatari-devel] Re: hatari profiler crash and profiler usage

Great, thanks for testing!

You're welcome :-) But it's also a slightly selfish move because I'm going to need it. ;-)

I still have to do some tests for Laurent too - will get to it.

> I'm still not quite geared up to use the profiler in anger - reworking
> quite a lot of code at the moment - but I will return to it before long
> when I start on the final optimization pass for both CPU and DSP.

By that time I hope to have callgraph generation also working.

Great stuff.

It will generated .dot files which can be converted with "dot" tool
(from Graphviz package) to SVG, PostScript, PNG etc.

Even better - I do like Graphviz!

Just note that the callgraphs can be pretty big, most SVG and PostScript
viewers don't allow large enough zoom levels and as raster images callgraphs
would most likely take too much memory.   So you need a viewer that allows
very large zoom factors AND rasterizes just the visible part of the graphs.

I'm used to debugging compiler IL ASTs in .dot format, which can be absolutely enormous. So graph sizes issues won't get in my way :-P

The program I'm working on doesn't have a deep callgraph anyway, being assembly language. It's not very complicated to track content.