Re: [hatari-devel] Code execution discontinuities and detecting them?

On maanantai 25 helmikuu 2013, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> Le 25/02/2013 18:16, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
> > Do they cause PC for the next instruction to be something else than
> > the next address in memory?
>
> Yes, it's like a trap or an exception, the PC will be set to the vector
> defined in the lower ram for each exception.
> No, you can't detect when the code is inside an exception handler. The
> exception handler is free to change SR, stack pointer, ... in any way it
> likes (for example, change A7 and SR in a way where RTS will be used
> instead of RTE).

Ok, thanks!

Commit adding this info to profile callers is here:
http://hg.tuxfamily.org/mercurialroot/hatari/hatari/rev/49416318c2ac

	- Eero

PS. Earlier I added some new options to the post-processor:
http://hg.tuxfamily.org/mercurialroot/hatari/hatari/rev/77745da7466a