Re: [hatari-devel] Re: Debugger

On maanantai 25 helmikuu 2013, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> > On the other hand, scrolling by 'ENTER', that's pretty cool (I imagine
> > how great this were if I would skip by 'ENTER' to the next branch in
> > the code..)
>
> Debugger has large amount of commands.  I don't think binding
> empty line to 'd' command would really be appreciated... :-)
>
> Debugger has history, so you can just use Up + Enter, to repeat
> previous command.

Sorry, I somehow momentarily forgot that there's a feature to repeat last
command, which is enabled only for 'd', 'dd', 'm' and 'md' commands as
they're commands where repeating it makes sense (they continue from next
address), and more importantly, they don't change emulation state [1].

I could change "profile addresses" subcommand also to work as disassembly
command do, if somebody's interested.  First the syntax on disasm/memdump
N next instruction/addresses should be decided though.

	- Eero

[1] Initially repeat might sound like a nice feature also for 's' (step)
    and 'n' (next) commands, but as they continue emulation it would be
    too easy to lose the point that one is trying to debug.