|Re: [hatari-devel] 68030 cycle timings for 64bit div/mul|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] 68030 cycle timings for 64bit div/mul
- From: Douglas Little <doug694@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 20:06:20 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:x-received:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; bh=HwFwgNVPiO7ZJEeQR7WVpa2Z17HoFSRjSeleP2phpeM=; b=IQ6TWnsf/sWfL+TqlOnaEgU7K3cCAp65BvmfAWjzs3E8ZZqQYqxkrRbd05iweyMAmI gjoujmzA9JkKcDVO7UmydKIe5LxeAc/mybDId36Bvuyo8uJW3pfFxHZY77OtAm/ctqla JzvgNf4AwNjNovCZ4VW+GMD7D/MAm+ovbvn3pLDD9aSsQx4RamC4J/Eb3rGZToBnSUQ2 vP/tLlH/e01D48/UMHCB7e/cvCaz4V3sjDnKhUR1oLRb85k9ZcQNOi7HJq75nK12TZiq cVEGAHN2+cpr3ZQYlx8RXOL0CfeTA7ZDMpZajpNpI1o0ND/6cYgzM2sS3WiS6PUsoKa4 Rl6g==
Yes that's roughly what I was thinking of - issuing a limited set of quasi-random samples for each 2^n range, to get a sensible bound and decent distribution, and figure out a curve or pattern to the costs.
I started work on the 32-bit divides but that's paused ATM. The problem there
of course is that it's impossible to perform every possible divide and check
the results, so the code tries to do quasi-random, quasi-boundary tests. I
have some preliminary results, but I need to fire up the TT again to continue.
If anyone is interested in me continuing (or in getting my code & pursuing it
themselves), let me know.