De: "Douglas Little" <doug694@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
À: "Nicolas Pomarède" <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Envoyé: Mardi 29 Janvier 2013 17:05:46
Objet: Re: [hatari-devel] 68030 cycle timings for 64bit div/mul

Hi Nicolas,

it's not handled. 64 bit mul/div are more complex than the 68000 equivalent and so far no one has reverse engineered those instructions to "guess" the algorithm and its timing.

Ok I see. So what is the expected behaviour for a program using these instructions in Hatari?

BadMood uses these instructions and I have not studied any diverse effects from using them (timing, accuracy, invalid results....). It just appeared to work....

Thanks,
D.