|Re: [hatari-devel] 68030 cycle timings for 64bit div/mul|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] 68030 cycle timings for 64bit div/mul
- From: Douglas Little <doug694@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 16:05:46 +0000
- Cc: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:x-received:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id :subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=/RC707+3NoAw80WlmdIaABU/ZwMnI57IJ5cpneZPHuI=; b=a8/h1cNNV3ipa0p03GKQpqtSKkbVOak1rrE2Oo39X2bOJ8cRqyOuTfZsqzSud78Ulw 1qzUxxA6TlLSX/x/BE9170QDqynn5gCK0Vs++n722mLsPpqCG2g7bAhEu50jpRIa4zHp uTPzgcN3a9pfPGTys14YvlZNmGRqRh1DER8ZiJbvCkbJFa3ruaVx7m4QVKOUAjenRQ/8 ZnfzZlEd34F55zy8JkKvlKincMTf158dZAVXvWqJBEk0fqMqF9TBPXR+kWu4KxcPpRQ+ ta6Revp2i1PLmfwZS6MIbSDV/9r6R2x2EPiy6wx/NuP72TdKawcii5kRjbgkZIUWNzrW sOsQ==
it's not handled. 64 bit mul/div are more complex than the 68000 equivalent and so far no one has reverse engineered those instructions to "guess" the algorithm and its timing.
Ok I see. So what is the expected behaviour for a program using these instructions in Hatari?
BadMood uses these instructions and I have not studied any diverse effects from using them (timing, accuracy, invalid results....).. It just appeared to work....