Re: [hatari-devel] Delayed mouse movements with TT emulation

On 04/11/2012 12:43, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
On 04/11/2012 11:17, Eero Tamminen wrote:
Hi,

On sunnuntai 04 marraskuu 2012, Uwe Seimet wrote:
with TOS 3.06 (resolution TT high) when moving the mouse there is a
considerable delay now, which actually makes the mouse unusable. The
mouse pointer is moving just like in slow-motion, while the actual (host
system) mouse is already at a completely different position.

I see that too.  And it's not just with TOS v3, but also TOS v2
and EmuTOS (v0.8.7) suffer from the same problem under TT emulation.

Mouse is completely unusable both in TT mono and color resolutions.

It doesn't happen with Falcon emulation or ST emulation using 32Mhz 030,
i.e. it's TT emulation HW which doesn't anymore seem to be wired up
correctly.

Hello

What CPU freq do you use in TT mode ? It seems 32 and 16 are causing
problems, not 8 MHz.

The problem is related to changing the cpu freq ; this change is not propagated to the ACIA, so it keeps a frequency relative to a 8 MHz CPU.

I think the best place to take this into account would be in :

1) Configuration_Apply, near M68000_CheckCpuSettings

2) Change_CopyChangedParamsToConfiguration

Limitation with 1) is that we don't know the previous value of nCpuFreq, so this would force a reset of the ACIA timers each time we enter config screen, even if cpu freq does not change, which is not very clean.

In 2), we have current and changed config, so we can check if cpu freq changed. Only problem is that CopyChangedParamsToConfiguration is only called from the gui and Change_ApplyCommandline. But Change_ApplyCommandline is not called when Hatari starts and parses the command line, only from control.c when using sockets to control Hatari.

Is there any reason why Change_ApplyCommandline is not called from main.c (only Configuration_Apply is called) ? It would allow to apply specific code when the command line option differs from the default value (thus handling cpufreq which is modified when 'tt' mode is selected)