Re: [hatari-devel] "next" and "step" commands to Hatari debugger?

Am Sun, 4 Nov 2012 18:17:23 +0200

> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking of adding "step" and "next" commands to the debugger.
>
> "step" would basically be same as "c 1", so it's not useful unless
> it can have a debugger shortcut command.  However, "s" shortcut
> is currently used for:
> 	savebin ( s) : save memory to a file
>
> Would somebody object if I would change that shortcut?

Sounds like a very good idea to me! I was also annoyed already by always
having to type "c 1" to single step through a program, so a "s" command
for single-stepping would be highly appreciated! (savebin is certainly
not needed so often, so it does not need a shortcut)

> "next" (continue to next instruction, used for passing subroutines)
> would be done with current conditional breakpoints, I just need
> to add an option to them to silence their output on creation,
> hitting and removal of a temporary internal breakpoint...

That could be useful, too!