Re: [hatari-devel] Adding Aranym features for Hatari?

On tiistai 16 lokakuu 2012, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> On maanantai 15 lokakuu 2012, Thomas Huth wrote:
> > schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > > I wasn't thinking of having it enabled by default, but as a feature
> > > which one can enable from command line with a "--natfeats" option.
> > > And one of course shouldn't enable it for anything else than clean
> > > applications.
> >
> > Ok, as long as it can be disabled, I'm fine with that.
>
> Great! :-)

I did today an initial code for basic NatFeats support:
http://hg.tuxfamily.org/mercurialroot/hatari/hatari/rev/50958d336a1a

It implements the basic id/call and name/version/stderr/shutdown
functionalities and there's --natfeats command line option &
bNatFeats configuration file option to enable/disable it.

I've modeled it on how it works in Aranym.  I'm not sure whether
the status register stuff is needed, but as it was used in Aranym,
I added it here also.

It doesn't yet raise bus error / priviledge exception in case
the arguments or supervisor mode isn't correct.  How I can invoke
those in Hatari?

(Some review on code in general wouldn't be bad either.)

> > > In the long run, I would also consider implementing stuff needed
> > > for natfeats hostfs so that one can use MiNT natfeats driver for that
> > > on Hatari, to make MiNT work also with something else than disk
> > > images which are a real pain to deal with...

Aranym's clipboard NatFeat could be useful too.

> * an option (similar to --trace one) for specifying what natfeats
> features are enabled

Current option is bool, it can be changed later on to take a list
of values like --trace, if more features get added to it.

The "name" Native Feature function is now the long asked way for
code to know that it's running under Hatari.  User just needs to
use "--natfeats yes" for that detection to work. ;-))