Re: [hatari-devel] Problem with Hatari 1.6.2 and EmuTOS 192K ROMs

Am Sat, 13 Oct 2012 00:19:32 +0200
schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Le 13/10/2012 00:02, Vincent Rivière a écrit :
> > On 12/10/2012 23:45, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> >> Is that something that is specified in the original TOS ? Are you
> >> sure the
> >> TOS use this behaviour and this pivot year of 80 ?
> >
> > No, I didn't find any reference documentation about this.
> >
> > I used 1980 as pivot year to solve Y2K problems in EmuTOS because I
> > didn't find anything better.
> >

> OK, but then I think the possible pivot is TOS dependant.
>
> You could use 80 in EmuTOS because most users are running it nowadays
> and there's little reason to believe someone has a real need to set
> its clock before 1980.
> But maybe TOS 1.02, 2.06, ... had some different methods we don't
> know.

AFAIK the TOS versions 1.x do not use the IKBD clock at all. TOS 2.06
seems to interpret the year in a special way: It expects the BCD year to
overflow for years >= 2000, e.g. the year 2012 has to be represented as
0xB2 instead of 0x12. So maybe EmuTOS should use this incoding, too?

Anyway, I now added a check for the NULL pointer in Hatari, so that at
least the crashes should be gone.