Re: [hatari-devel] 68030 MMU work

Hi Andreas,

That's a nice job.
Thanks a lot

Regards
Laurent

Le 01/09/2012 19:59, Thomas Huth a écrit :
  Hi Andreas!

Am Sat, 1 Sep 2012 16:47:37 +0200
schrieb Andreas Grabher <andreas.grabher@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

The MMU for the 68030 should be complete when it comes to
functionality (all functions emulated: PMOVE, PFLUSH, PTEST, PLOAD;
working table search; working ATC with entry replacement algorithm,
working transparent translation).
That sounds great!

The problems with connecting the MMU to the CPU remain.
I had a quick look at the code and I assume you are mainly referring to
the changes in cpummu.h? (If not could you elaborate about this topic a
little bit?)
It seems to me that it might be better to use set_x_funcs() in newcpu.c
to set the memory access functions to the MMU030 code instead, that way
you would avoid the additional if-statement during each memory access.
However, you might need to duplicate the unaligned access logic in
this case, too.

I think now it would be a good time to test the existing code with
Hatari, if you are interested. All that needs to be done, is
connecting the MMU to Hatari. Like before, all critical code is in
cpummu030.c/h.
Thanks a lot, Andreas, that's of course very interesting for Hatari,
too. I am currently quite busy with other things, though, but I'll try
to integrate your code into Hatari when I got some spare time.
I assume the file cpummu030.c is properly licensed under the terms of
the GPL? ... I ask because the GPL statement is missing in that file.

  Best regards,