|Re: [hatari-devel] WinUAE core freeze with ST emulation|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] WinUAE core freeze with ST emulation
- From: Miro Kropáček <miro.kropacek@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 23:59:14 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=AlhGzBu4ziThG4ZANafYhPr/9gGZI1wLF309VS3ea20=; b=aFvH1oWIMFSrCmO4KVkvjS9irc9TrGK0DrV+0ij1tZh3pBVs+PAs4B9G83wfEIdC6T MIyw4eYRReTZ4EFF5O6NDKCE+df1NVuavbl4y5PrR/v+4nAgVfe52YzkdxHWXGvHWzvA yUxHeZfsFykFN2Uf0F5Jr/KSkKxyBUscC3AeRVMYfQIniP5OxjEr1ucoQ3EWWQG606ul HNlkJoUmvqtWU/D1OXIX7M3cy2HONXmWTTnsaqBHDI/aOyotfZ7kDusQtTkz6kpq9KD0 BYNFCsVgRmeJq8DIRUV40FeOb0j6iXmbPIxNaOdC0PCDVlAOpoChZnJ26/g74Rw57mND 6UvQ==
Maybe we should comment these lines for now, and recode this better in the next release, no ?
I guess much better thing to do (than randomly switching the cache on/off) is to figure out what exactly works better without the cache and why. Perhaps your 030 cycles are fine but the DSP : CPU ratio is wrong. Because as far as I remember, every demo runs with instruction cache but on the other hand, I can very well imagine plethora of failing DSP demos without 030 instruction cache, where DSP is sending polygon data too fast for CPU to process.
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes