Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari Falcon Crossbar emulation segfault with EmuTOS

Le 05/06/2012 22:35, Eero Tamminen a écrit :

AFAIR I removed "<" test from the STE Dma sound, only using a "!=" test
which is the correct way hardware works.

Could you fix that?

Hatari should be robust against incorrectly working emulated code.

Even if Hatari wouldn't crash, it may be emulating things wrong
because at least wrong dmaRecord.frameCounter value can scribble
all over Hatari's own memory, or over the emulated memory.

I guess invalid dmaPlay.frameCounter values just cause invalid
reads i.e. crashes without memory corruption and the evil stuff
that can follow from that.

Well, so far I'm unfortunately very busy, at least not with enough time to dig more precisely in the falcon sound part.The little spare time I have at the moment will be used to release next Hatari version (including any remaining bugs such as this one). I'm afraid this will have to stay this way for now, unless someone else wants to give it a look before next release.

By the way, it could also be an error in emutos where sound addresses would not be set correctly.