Re: [hatari-devel] WinUAE core freeze with ST emulation

Am Mon, 4 Jun 2012 00:48:09 +0300

> Using current Hatari defaults, without my WinUAE patch:
>
> * TOS v1.00 and TOS 4.x work
>
> * TOS v3.x always fails with illegal instructions unless
>   "--fpu-type 68882" is used
>
> * TOS v1.02 - v2.06 and EmuTOS/ST freeze Hatari right at startup when
>   VDI or GEMDOS mode is used, unless one specifies "--compatible no"
>   option.  Without VDI nor GEMDOS mode, they boot also without that.
>
> TOS 3.x / FPU needs to be set when Falcon/TT or their TOS is selected,
> and doing that will be fine.
>
> However, Hatari freezing isn't acceptable, so the "compatible" option
> needs to be toggled for WinUAE.  But it messing up with old UAE
> options isn't acceptable either.   I think this is release blocker.

Ok, thanks for the extensive tests! I think I found and fixed the
problem with extended VDI/GEMDOS now: The problem was how the CPU cores
emulated the CPU internal prefetch ... the code changed between our old
core and WinUAE core.
Could you please do again some regression test to see whether it works
now as expected and take care of the TT FPU (Falcon was not shipped with
a FPU by default, so I think you only have to set it for TT mode).