Re: [hatari-devel] problem with gemdos 0x20 Super

On 12/05/2012 18:14, Thomas Huth wrote:
Am Fri, 11 May 2012 00:22:24 +0200
schrieb Nicolas Pomarède<npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hello

I'm looking for a crash in several Stax menu compilation.
For example in Stax 53, press "1" and you get 2 bombs (with tos
1.62). This doesn't crash under Steem with the same tos.

[...]

This looks like a bug in the demo to me, but still its works under
Steem (certainly because the ram contains different data)

I agree with you, this also looks like a bug in the demo to me.

Concerning STeem, I did not manage to get it working their either.
Which TOS version (incl. language) and which RAM settings did you use?

Also, if I run Hatari with "--patch-tos no" and without hd emulation
(to remove the handlers installed by hd emulation), then the menu is
working and pressing "1" is correctly starting the demo.

Thomas, do you know what causes this ? It seems HD emulation is not
the only cause (it crashes if I removed HD emul but leave patch tos).
Some memory handling in Hatari ?

Hard to say ... I'd first like to see a working configuration for
STeem, that might help to understand why Hatari behaves differently...

  Thomas

It works for me with Steem for linux with TOS 1.62 FR and 2 MB RAM. Pressing '1' on menu 53 correctly runs the demo.

This is certainly a side effect of some memory being luckily set to a working value with this combination.

But as TOS 1.62 was the main STE's TOS, I would guess it really worked on many real STE (they certainly never tested their menu on STF, since most demo screen are STE only)