Re: [hatari-devel] [Fwd: kontakts] joystick configuration

On Monday 14 May 2012 08:28, Matthias Arndt wrote:
> Hello,
>
> does this patch work in the background and thus patch the events for all
> other programs that use /dev/inpust js? for the affected stick?

This patch does not run in the background because it configures the
joystick kernel module (which runs in the background).

> If so, that would be a great tool to have.

The Linux Console Project:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxconsole/files/
jscal - calibrate joystick devices, reconfigure the axes and buttons
Note that the joystick deb package has the same jscal.
(ignore my ancient patch because this new jscal is fully functional)

Qjoypad:
http://qjoypad.sourceforge.net/#download
Qjoypad runs in the background because it can reconfigure joystick
button presses to mouse button presses and/or keyboard button
presses. Note that jscal stays within the scope of the given joypad.

To use Qjoypad with Hatari (joystick buttons as key presses);
1) disable the joystick in Hatari
2) use Qjoypad to map keyboard keys to the joystick buttons