Re: [hatari-devel] RS232 sending (was: Release 1.6.2 in mid May)

On perjantai 11 toukokuu 2012, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> On 10/05/2012 23:09, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> > Nicolas, what exactly mid-May means; this weekend,
> > next week or the one after that? :-)
>
> more like next week at least (after 18-20 may). A few problems were
> reported in atari-forum and I'd like to see if I can fix them before
> 1.6.2
>
> If you need more time to finish some changes, I think it should be
> possible to wait a little more for you before releasing.

More time than I thought went to EmuTOS release (I discovered
new bugs etc) and some work stuff, so I've had just time to fix
the Hatari / TOS bootup tester.

I'll look into WinUAE config next week.  (I wanted the TOS bootup
tester ready first to to more easily able to verify the changes.)

TOS tester uses now either serial or parallel output from the tester
to verify that tester worked as expected, based on which TOS version
is being tested.  Assumptions about what should and should not work
is hardcoded.

To make the serial part work nicer with tester, I changed it
similarly to other devices i.e. one can enable just read or
write part of serial and disable either by giving empty path.

I tested it a bit with one game using serial, but if somebody
has a more extensive serial test code, I would appreciate
you giving latest Hatari a whirl.

Btw. While doing this, I discovered that EmuTOS checks RS232
sending success differently from how Hatari does it.

It uses MFP TSR register bit 7 (Buffer Empty) instead of
IERA/IPRA register bit 2 (Sender buffer empty).

Does anybody know which one is right?