Re: [hatari-devel] RS232 sending

On 20/05/2012 22:48, Eero Tamminen wrote:

Btw. While doing this, I discovered that EmuTOS checks RS232
sending success differently from how Hatari does it.

It uses MFP TSR register bit 7 (Buffer Empty) instead of
IERA/IPRA register bit 2 (Sender buffer empty).

Does anybody know which one is right?

Hello

I never coded for RS232, but I guess both methods could be right.

Maybe the solution would be to see in Hatari trace what the tos does when you try to send data to rs232 (even when nothing is connected to the port). It could give a good indication of what the tos expects.