Re: [hatari-devel] Bug report: AHCC not working anymore with GEMDOS emulation

Am Donnerstag, den 26.01.2012, 00:24 +0200 schrieb Eero Tamminen:

> > I have attached my trace,
>
> Hmm, you have lots of AUTO programs.   I wonder why TOS & XCONTROL open
> all ACCs and CPXes twice...
>
> What HDDRCONF.CPX does?

Part of HDDRIVER I guess.

> > please note that my Hatari build is a few days old.
>
> That's OK.
>

> > > I started to write a gemdos tester as part of a major tos bootup
> > > tester update, and just found out that GEMDOS HD emulation breaks
> > > the GEMDOS Fopen() special device ("AUX:", "PRN:", maybe also "CON:")
> > > handing.  They're handled as regular files with it.
>
> I commited a fix to this, but as such names were not listed
> in your trace, it cannot affect the issue.

It could have affected the "no TOS screen output". I compiled a fresh
Hatari and pure TOS/BIOS console output is still not shown. (At least
not if launched from desktop, AUTO folder progrms show their output)

> > > I think that should be easy to fix, I'll try to look at it tomorrow.
> >
> > I'm looking forward. I more and more stronges suspect some GEMDOS
> > related bugs here.
>
> Are all your files read-only, including the AHCC intermediate files
> or are you using Hatari's GEMDOS dir --protect-hd option (there's
> also a checkbox for that in GUI)?

The files are certainly not read-only and I do not have any --protect-hd
option enabled.
>[...Traceoutput]
>
> This doesn't show anything failing, so next thing would
> be to get trace of all OS calls.
>
> There's a bit less data if you set breakpoint on program
> start entry point in the debugger:
> 	b pc = TEXT :once
> And then drag the PRJ file on AHCC.
>
> After the breakpoint triggers, ask everything to be traced:
> 	trace os_all
>
> You can disable the trace when you get the bus error:
> 	trace none

I can try over the weekend. I will have to compile Hatari with working
debugger first (or is it active by default now?)

Regards,
Matthias
--
Matthias Arndt <marndt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>