Re: [hatari-devel] Latest improvements with the new falcon CPU

-> How I enable MMU? (to test X-tasie demo)

The 68030 is enabled by default (you can try rainbow2 for example, it uses the MMU)

The MMU option in the gui is only for 68040 and should be disabled if another CPU is chosen.
This 68040 specific MMU code is not working yet, due to the TRY/CATCH code.

K demo still doesn't work for me with the new core. Which program and
Hatari conf did you use to try it ?
It's only the training menu and its first option that does anything.
That works with both cores.

Strange, could you send me your version ?
(mine doesn't work at all).

Other new things that work:
* SMB game v1 (only with WinUAE)
* Multi Briques (hacked version)
* Les Dinosaures demo works now without input issues

Men at War worked earlier without WinUAE or DSP, now it requires both.

Could you verify also 124 beers ?
I think it's ok now.

Some timing sensitive demos are working correctly (Rot3DBMP,
bounds2,3, 4...) and a very good game : Crown of Creation V1.3
Bound 3&   Crown of Creation v1.1 preview (which are on the list) I
tried with old CPU, and those (still) seem to work OK with that.

Rot3dbmp froze after a while and didn't look right with the old CPU.
Bound2 froze and looked incorrect.  Bound4 lacked the ball (was
frozen?).
Same thing with WinUAE core.
Do these work for you as they don't work for me?

Yes, but only with the newcore (only with cpu exact and prefetch checked, as I4ve only added the cycle exact for this special configuration. As I said in a previoous mail, I'll remove some options from the GUI to only allow this configuration for Falcon.

FUN's Tron2 has also regressed.  Text in the beginning isn't output
right and the main many is scrambled.  The issue is both with WinUAE
and old core.  (With Hatari v1.4 it still works fine.)

FUN's Sokoban never worked, but now the texts it shows in
the beginning have the same issue.

Could you send it too ? (I haven't got it)

Evolution Dino Dudes shows just black after intro.

Cavemania v2 doesn't work anymore, but it worked with Hatari v1.4.

DNT Crew's Agony demo doesn't anymore show any screens.

Work with old UAE, but not with WinUAE:
* freaky.prg from Cream's binlinear preview
With WinUAE Killing Impact freezes when game starts, with old UAE
it works (screen is of course still scrambled though).

Golden Island demo works now, but only with old UAE core.