Re: [hatari-devel] Latest improvements with the new falcon CPU

On tiistai 27 joulukuu 2011, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> On keskiviikko 21 joulukuu 2011, Laurent Sallafranque wrote:
> > All the demos that needed CPU32 to work are now correctly working
> > at 16 Mhz
>
> I'll add note about that.  Could you first verify stuff below?
>
> > (lostBlubb by lazer, Eko system, ...)
>
> All of these seem now to freeze with the old CPU regardless of CPU
> frequency (at least with fast forward):
> * Lost Blubb
> * Eko System
> * Are you Experienced
> * Time Out

Work fine with WinUAE for me too.

> And:
> * Bound42 worked fine until the cyan millstone
>   (at which point it bus errored)

Bus errors also with WinAUE at the same point.

> * Cebit93 now draws screen wrong regardless of CPU speed

Works with WinAUE.

> What about Pinball Dreams and Watership games?

Pinball dreams menu works with WinUAE, not with old UAE.

Watership and EXA's "K" karting game works with both now.

> With the old CPU the CPU clock doesn't anymore seem to effect whether
> these work or not either.
>
> > Some timing sensitive demos are working correctly (Rot3DBMP, bounds2,3,
> > 4...) and a very good game : Crown of Creation V1.3
>
> Bound 3 & Crown of Creation v1.1 preview (which are on the list) I tried
> with old CPU, and those (still) seem to work OK with that.
>
> Rot3dbmp froze after a while and didn't look right with the old CPU.
> Bound2 froze and looked incorrect.  Bound4 lacked the ball (was frozen?).

Same thing with WinUAE core.

> I guess these three could be mentioned in the compatibility list.
>
> > Some programs are still in regression (Moai 96 works with the old CPU,
> > but not yet with the new one).
>
> There seems to be already note about Moai.

Regressions, both WinAUE & old UAE:
* Stocasto crashes now in right at start.

Work with old UAE, but not with WinUAE:
* freaky.prg from Cream's binlinear preview

I've updated compatibility list accordingly.
I'll test more things later on.

Btw. T.O.Y.S "Wait" demo makes Hatari really slow.

> > My Todo list for the 1.7 release :
> > - Finish to complete Falcon 68030 cycles accuracy
> > - work on the Videl emulation (I started it last summer, I've got ideas
> > on this point I'd like to implement)
> >
> > My Todo list for later releases :
> > - finish the hd_6301_cpu code
> > - "perfect" falcon emu
>
> What about fast RAM support?    That would allow (try) running
> some demos that don't run in 14MB.

Laurent?