Re: [hatari-devel] Re: Magic doesn't work with Hatari [ First tests]

Am Sun, 29 Jan 2012 23:57:23 +0100
schrieb Laurent Sallafranque <laurent.sallafranque@xxxxxxx>:

> Hi all,
>
> I've done a few tests with Magic (I've found it somewhere, I'll just
> use it for some tests, then I remove it (of course :))
>

> Falcon test :
> ----------------
>
> It tests for the FPU addresses, doesn't find it and continues until a
> test for the Microwire.
>
> It loops forever here :
>
> $00c792 : 4a78 8922                            tst.w     $ffff8922.w
> $00c796 : 66fa                                 bne.s     $c792

Can somebody check what you get when reading $ff8922 on a real Falcon?
Looking at this piece of code, I'd guess that $ff8922 is hard-wired to
zero on the Falcon...

> Thomas, should we remove the microwire addresses from the
> IoMemTabFalcon.c as I did (There's really no microwire in the
> Falcon) ? I know you did a lot of tests on the bus errors.
>
> Actually, it looks like :
> //    { 0xff8922, SIZE_WORD, IoMem_VoidRead, IoMem_VoidWrite
> },                                     /* Microwire data */
> //    { 0xff8924, SIZE_WORD, IoMem_VoidRead, IoMem_VoidWrite
> },                                     /* Microwire mask */

According to the bus error tester (see tests/buserror/results/fal_n_w.txt),
the Falcon does not generate a bus error here, so you should not remove
these entries. I'd rather guess that the Falcon always returns 0 when
reading the ff8922 register...