Re: [hatari-devel] Magic again : gemdos question

On maanantai 30 tammikuu 2012, laurent.sallafranque@xxxxxxx wrote:
> With --trace Gemdos, I get a strange string for filenames in the traces :
> GEMDOS Fsfirst("C:\GEMSYS\*.OSD", 0x0)
> GEMDOS: C:\GEMSYS\*.OSD -> host: /cygdrive/d/Mes
> Documents/Personnel/Atari/DiskDur/Magic5.04/GEMSYS/*.OSD GEMDOS Fsnext()
> GEMDOS Fopen("C:\GEMSYS\ÿÿ", 0x0)
> Any idea why I get "ÿÿ" instead of the name of the 5 OSD files ?

Nope.  But if MagiC re-implements part of GEMDOS that overlaps
with Hatari's GEMDOS HD emu, there can be issues.

You can debug the info further by checking what these show:
- "info gemdos" -> GEMDOS HD emu DTA table contents
- "info basebase" -> check contents from "Process DTA" address

	- Eero

PS. Another problem could be if some path was longer than:
	MAX_GEMDOS_PATH 256

But your case didn't seem like that.

-> Hatari has quite a bit of legacy code around GEMDOS HD emu
   which relies on host paths being at max MAX_GEMDOS_PATH long!

I've added TODOs about that to the code, but if I remember right,
fixing it would've required major surgery.