[hatari-devel] Re: Magic doesn't work with Hatari

(I started separate thread about Magic issues.)

On torstai 26 tammikuu 2012, Uwe Seimet wrote:

> > > The last time I tried it did not work. I will try again soon.
> >
> > Please mail the details of what exact issues it has.
>
> The non-68030 MagiC bootloader does not seem to have any effect at all,
> i.e. MagiC is not booted, but there is no message.

Did you try that with old UAE CPU core or WinUAE?

For non-030, it's better to use old CPU core.

> With the 68030
> bootloader I get this message:
>
> PMOVE 00000000,TC PC=00004CF6
> PMOVE 00000000,TT0 PC=00004CFE
> PMOVE 00000000,TT1 PC=00004D06
> M68000 Bus Error reading at address $fffa46.

68881 FPU doesn't seem to be enabled by default in WinUAE,
even for TT emulation and according to Compedium this is its
register.

Does Magic need that, or is it just testing its precense?

Note: According to Hatari IO mem mapping, it doesn't seem to be
mapped either for TT:
        { 0xfffa3f, SIZE_BYTE, IoMem_VoidRead, IoMem_VoidWrite },
/* No bus error here */
        { 0xfffa80, 48, IoMem_VoidRead, IoMem_WriteWithoutInterception },
/* 2nd TT MFP */

Or for Falcon:
        { 0xfffa2f, SIZE_BYTE, RS232_UDR_ReadByte, RS232_UDR_WriteByte },
/* USART data register */
        { 0xfffc00, SIZE_BYTE, IKBD_KeyboardControl_ReadByte,
IKBD_KeyboardControl_WriteByte },

I thought FPU was supported, but Hatari manual doesn't seem to mention
anything about it either...  Thomas/Laurent?

> Exception 2 (0) at c9c2 -> c9c8!
> M68000 Bus Error reading at address $ff82c0.

Are you trying TT emulation?  That address is mapped on Falcon:
----
        { 0xff82ae, 18,        IoMem_VoidRead, IoMem_VoidWrite },
/* No bus errors here */
        { 0xff82c0, SIZE_WORD, IoMem_ReadWithoutInterception,
VIDEL_VCO_WriteWord },            /* VCO - Video control */
        { 0xff82c2, SIZE_WORD, IoMem_ReadWithoutInterception,
VIDEL_VMD_WriteWord },            /* VMD - Video mode */
----

But not for TT.

> Exception 2 (0) at ca20 -> ca3a!
> M68000 Bus Error writing at address $ff8c14.

SCC register handling is TODO for both Falcon & TT:
        { 0xff8a3e, SIZE_WORD, IoMem_VoidRead, IoMem_VoidWrite },
/* No bus error here */
        { 0xff8c80, 8, IoMem_VoidRead, IoMem_WriteWithoutInterception },
/* TODO: SCC */

(SCC ports start at 0xff8c80, but SCC DMA regs seem to start at 0xff8c00,
I guess the IO list could mention also those...)

> Exception 2 (0) at a26c -> 8cd8!
>
> Then I get 2 bombs and later some more.

Seems this is hitting lot of Hatari TODOs, but please still try
old UAE core for 68000 and WinUAE Falcon emulation for 030 version
of Magic.