Re: [hatari-devel] Problem with conftypes.py

On maanantai 09 tammikuu 2012, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> Le 08/01/2012 23:34, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
> I noticed a problem in the python-ui : your Makefile conflicts with the
> previous HG state.
>
> If I do hg pull + hg up to get up to date tip, the configure, then make,
> then "hg diff" reports python-ui/Makefile as different.
>
> So, Makefile should be either removed from hg list, or it should not be
> altered.

So, we're damned if using CMakefiles, and damned when not using it:

* If I use CMake to generate the file, it goes under build directory[1], not
  where the other python files are, which makes generating it with CMake
  useless

* If I use my own Makefile like now, and somebody doesn't use a separate
  build directory (like is recommended in the Hatari readme when one
  uses HG checkouts), CMake overwrites that Makefile with its own.

Couldn't we just state that configure should be called from a separate
build directory like we already recommend doing when calling cmake directly:
	mkdir build; cd build
	../configure
	make
?

[1] I have several different builds, with different options, so using
    separate build dirs is a must for me.

	- Eero

PS. I'll be away and not answering mails during most of this week.