Re: [hatari-devel] Problem with conftypes.py

On 08/01/2012 21:56, Eero Tamminen wrote:
Hi,

On sunnuntai 08 tammikuu 2012, Thomas Huth wrote:
I just upgraded to the latest hg tip, did "make distclean",
"./configure --enable-debug" and "make", but when I now run
"make install", I get this error message:

CMake Error at python-ui/cmake_install.cmake:40 (FILE):
   file INSTALL cannot find
   "/home/thomas/devel/hatari/mercurial/python-ui/conftypes.py".
Call Stack (most recent call first):
   cmake_install.cmake:40 (INCLUDE)

Eero, do you have any idea what's wrong here?

Sorry, I forgot to add that (generated) file to changeset 3708.
It's commited now.

Is there some way to get CMake to autogenerate conftypes.py
when src/configuration.c (or python-ui/gentypes.py) changes?

All it would need to do is call:
	python-ui/gentypes.py<  src/configuration.c>  python-ui/conftypes.py

(For now I added a python-ui/Makefile I call manually to do that.)

I guess it would be possible, except it would mean that when a user build hatari but doesn't want to use the python-ui, gentypes.py would be called nevertheless. And as python is not mandatory to build Hatari per se, it would add a dependancy on python, which doesn't seem right to me.

So, triggering a rebuild when src/configuration.c changes in the main tree is a problem. But maybe it's possible to put a local CMakeLists.txt in python-ui to have conftypes.py rebuild.