Re: [hatari-devel] 2 more falcon demos running with the new core

It appears that the dsp56000 communicates with the rest of the computer
(host) with handshakes, interrupts and DMA. The dsp clock is connected
to the 56000 and DMA only. Thus the 56000 is independent of the host,
and uses buffered communication (latched, fifo'd, DMA'd) for host
synchronization.

That's true for the DSP, and I think that's what I've coded.
The DSP as 2 entrance (3 with the external port, but it's out of purpose)..

The Host Interface allows 7 registers (vue from the 68030) + 1 empty register. The DSP SSI communicates with the crossbar in both handshake and non handshake modes.

The DSP clock is 32 Mhz, the cpu clock is 16 Mhz.

Both CPU's are disconnected in clocks, but many demos synchronize them via the Host interface to exchange datas.

The main problem is with the demos that synchronize one time and then, transfers datas without syncing again (Cycles timings are really important here).

The crossbar can run with 2 clocks : 25,175 or 32 Mhz
For the Videl, there are 2 clocks too (25,175 and 32 Mhz)

I don't know if these clocks are independant or if they're from the same source (in this case, we should externalise the clock from the crossbar code, and create a special clock function that would call both crossbar and videl).

Regards

Laurent