Re: [hatari-devel] MMU emulation (was: MiNT on Hatari)

On maanantai 19 joulukuu 2011, laurent.sallafranque@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Yes, the 68030 MMU works with the new core (that's one of the best
> improvement of the new core). It was already present with the 1.5
> version.
> I changed the comment for raimbow2 multimedia before the 1.5 release to
> indicate that it works with the new CPU whereas it doesn't work with the
> old CPU because of the MMU. I've tested some other programs that runs
> now with 68030 MMU.

Would it make sense to add few of them also to the compatibility list?

> We must be careful if we communicate on this :
>
> the MMU option in the GUI is only here for the 68040 CPU. This MMU
> doesn't work (there's still the TRY/CATCH to convert to C).
>
> The 68030 MMU is activated by default with the 68030 CPU choice.
> It seems to work well.
>
> I haven't tried X-tasie again. I'll do it this week.

If it works fine, you could remove the comment about missing MMU
emulation from the compatibility list Falcon section.

> If I'm right, another big signifiant news with the new core is the cache
> management for the 68020/030/040/060 CPUs.

And mention this also in release notes and manual.

	- Eero