Re: [hatari-devel] TT mono mode Timer-C problem

On 17 Dec 2011 at 18:53, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:

> Hmm, I replied too quickly. Hatari will always emulate an 8 MHz cpu
> clock, cpu freq is simulted by dividing cpu cycles by 2 or 4.
>
> So the MFP timers are always good when you change cpu speed (you can
> check this with tos 1.04, your program runs fine in color or mono, with
> 8/16/32 cpu freq).
>
> It seems emutos computes $4ba in a different way in mono mode, maybe it
> doesn't use the same 200 Hz timer as in color ?

As I pointed out, the problem also occurs on TOS 3.06 on Hatari.  It desn't
occur on TOS 3.06 on a real TT (in case anyone wondered :-)).

I don't think any of the theories so far explain this.  So I still believe it's
a Hatari problem.  Of course, I understand that it's probably not the most
important thing to fix, I just want people to realise that there is an
unexplained bug there.  And my experience with unexplained small bugs is that
they often indicate the presence of other larger bugs ...

Roger Burrows