Re: [hatari-devel] VDI mode broken (memvalid settings again)

Am Sat, 24 Dec 2011 00:10:04 +0100
schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On 23/12/2011 21:35, Thomas Huth wrote:
> > Am Fri, 23 Dec 2011 11:32:14 +0100
> > schrieb Nicolas Pomarède<npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> >> I don't know if this would cover all the cases.
> >> Else, we can revert  the patch from stMemory.c and see what can be
> >> done after 1.6 is released (as yolanda is quite a piece of crap, I
> >> don't think it deserve to ruin the rest of the emulation :) )
> >
> > Maybe we should at least have a possibility for the user to turn on
> > the memvalid patching again in case there are other circumstances
> > where this is needed ... ? So either another configuration option
> > or revert the fast-boot patch? What do you think?
>
> Given the multiple regressions we saw lately and the fact 1.6 should
> be released soon, I think it would be better to revert stMemory.c, as
> well as setting fastboot to on again.
> We could add a memvalid option, but I'm afraid it would confuse the
> user ; I think it would be better to look more closely to each issue
> related to memvalid, see what it requires to make them work without
> fastboot/memvalid and clean this for next 1.7 release.

Ok, I fully agree with you here. I've changed the memvalid patching to
be enabled by default again, and added an entry for Yolanda to the
compaitibility list (so that the user knows that he has to switch off
fast-boot for this game).