[gluon] eyecreate's weekly report

Well, now since I started actually doing coding this week, it seems good that I also start telling everyone on the list how things are going.(actually, I'm still making tweaks as I write)

I started out talking to Tomaz, who made the graph node part of Rocs, and he helped me by giving me a minimized and cleaned copy of the code library to start with. He then helped me through understanding the core parts that made it work. Mid-week, I moved rocs-gluon(as Tomaz's code is called) into a bazaar repo on my computer in order to keep strucure and added in preview support using QPixmaps on all nodes. The last two days, I spent researching the best steps to take next and started adding in properties for nodes to prevent logic errors.(This is basically limiting node connections by what kind of node it is.) I'm as I'm writing talking to Tomaz as he lectures me about why my code to count nodes was always zero. Seems I need to go back and structure my code differently. Next week, I should be committing this new code to my own trunk and then  branching the code into two branches to start testing more specialized code out for each plugin. I also need to contact ahiemstra, who I seemed to have trouble finding today :) , and ask about his shader plans so I know what gluon will provide and what I have to.

Eyecreate
http://eyecreate.googlepages.com/quotes