Re: [gluon] eyecreate's weekly report

On Saturday 19 June 2010 05:33:39 Eyecreate wrote:
> Well, now since I started actually doing coding this week, it seems good
> that I also start telling everyone on the list how things are
> going.(actually, I'm still making tweaks as I write)
>
> I started out talking to Tomaz, who made the graph node part of Rocs, and
> he helped me by giving me a minimized and cleaned copy of the code library
> to start with. He then helped me through understanding the core parts that
> made it work. Mid-week, I moved rocs-gluon(as Tomaz's code is called) into
> a bazaar repo on my computer in order to keep strucure and added in
> preview support using QPixmaps on all nodes. The last two days, I spent
> researching the best steps to take next and started adding in properties
> for nodes to prevent logic errors.(This is basically limiting node
> connections by what kind of node it is.) I'm as I'm writing talking to
> Tomaz as he lectures me about why my code to count nodes was always zero.
> Seems I need to go back and structure my code differently. Next week, I
> should be committing this new code to my own trunk and then  branching the
> code into two branches to start testing more specialized code out for each
> plugin. I also need to contact ahiemstra, who I seemed to have trouble
> finding today :) , and ask about his shader plans so I know what gluon
> will provide and what I have to.

  Good progress, thanks for the update! A small note: Using bzr will cause us
to loose history once you merge your work, as KDE uses Git. So, i would
strongly suggest that you switch your repository to Git, and that way ensures
that history will not be lost :)
  ahiemstra is on holiday from today and a week ahead, and warned that he
would likely be away from the intertubes for the duration.

--
...Dan // Leinir..
http://leinir.dk/

                          Co-
                            existence
                          or no
                            existence

                          - Piet Hein

---
Gluon is a high-level game development library for the KDE desktop enviornment.
http://gluon.tuxfamily.org/
http://gitorious.org/gluon