Re: [gluon] Fwd: Plasma applet for Gluon

On Wednesday 10 March 2010 07:41:55 Shantanu Tushar Jha wrote:
> (sending this mail again as the pastebin link in my previous mail had
> expired, I had forgot to set it for a longer duration)
>
> Hello,
>    I've been contributing to Plasma for over an year now and wanted
> to implement the Gluon player as a Plasma applet under GSoC. I've
> downloaded the source from gitorious and built it.

  Very brilliant news there :) i suspect you've already seen how GSoC works,
in that case, with writing up your plans and so on in a proper document for
submission, so i won't go into that much - information on that topic will show
up later on as well anyway :) You should know, however, that by far most of
the discussions regarding Gluon happens on our IRC channel #gluon over on
Freenode (i believe you're already there, so a new channel would not hurt too
much, i suspect ;) ).

> However if I run gluoncreator, it crashes ( backtrace at
> http://pastebin.ca/1831310 ). I'm not familiar with the Gluon source
> so not sure why the crash is happening. Any idea what the problem
> might be?

  Very sorry about the long reply time there, but we've all been a bit busy
the last few days :) This crash seems somewhat strange to me - i would like to
troubleshoot this where we can work together more directly on the problem...
i.e. on IRC ;) See you in the world!

--
...Dan // Leinir..
http://leinir.dk/

                          Co-
                            existence
                          or no
                            existence

                          - Piet Hein

---
Gluon is a high-level game development library for the KDE desktop enviornment.
http://gluon.tuxfamily.org/
http://gitorious.org/gluon