Re: [eigen] About dropping C++03 compatibility (was "plain": a new keyword for auto with implicit evaluation)

On 2/19/2019 9:09 AM, Peter wrote:
Out of curiosity I looked at the specifications and they demand for CY2018 and CY2019

--> C++14 (exact requirement)
--> gcc 6.3.1 (see notes)
    (notes: UPDATED November 26th 2017 - CY2018 changed from gcc 5 to gcc 6 due to integration issues discovered with the older version.

This is third-hand information but I'm told that the move from gcc 5 to gcc 6 was to get a more complete C++14 implementation.

Cheers,
-Edward