Re: [eigen] Hyperplane::signedDistance incorrect

I don't think so. In Eigen the hyperplane is defined as the set of points `x` for which `normal.dot(x) + offset == 0`, i.e., the signed distance is as implemented.

With your patch the geo_hyperplane unit test will fail.

Christoph

On 2018-11-01 14:15, Luke Pitt wrote:
Hi

I believe that there is an error in the signedDistance member function of the Hyperplane. I believe it should subtract the offset from the dot product of the normal and the point instead of adding it.
I've attached a patch file. I hope I've generated the file correctly as I have only used git before and not Mercurial.

Thanks

Luke

--
 Dr.-Ing. Christoph Hertzberg

 Besuchsadresse der Nebengeschäftsstelle:
 DFKI GmbH
 Robotics Innovation Center
 Robert-Hooke-Straße 5
 28359 Bremen, Germany

 Postadresse der Hauptgeschäftsstelle Standort Bremen:
 DFKI GmbH
 Robotics Innovation Center
 Robert-Hooke-Straße 1
 28359 Bremen, Germany