|Re: [eigen] Performance colwise matrix mult vs. raw loop|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Performance colwise matrix mult vs. raw loop
- From: Norbert Wenzel <norbert.wenzel.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 22:43:10 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=subject:to:references:from:message-id:date:user-agent:mime-version :in-reply-to:content-language:content-transfer-encoding; bh=BK7pZgy0SAPwv+mBSGmpTRVgYK5xYBg+kQRvhRPs9WU=; b=iN2vnhshCuwhiujLDE3IvsPOJrfwb/ehei3nUy7eInpwK0o9KbYXBP8t2bZD5SXdE5 jPftVhZY06qtggT/4hpGiPiGQZQBCcTohas/OUxLYdx2X78duL42gqT2NAF8sEcBWhsS WHpc3UWRBZNbjBbPEFoBR6nbdRrF6JpdlrdKxCgo314l/w40kugbxsdN01cllNkDpgOE wssSQ/5EjX/lt6XAzQjwmBacIm9cKdMXqoMJP4vFyW/FunH6ZOsMbcozF6guXZx8ae6j RxQG3k8ipD/L9wyl0QjpjZZVUqeyzBfJVRBJydOCzMz9rwODqdWxzorug2WVsPCfpNjd aV/Q==
On 2018-01-17 23:26, Gael Guennebaud wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 9:40 PM, Norbert Wenzel <
> norbert.wenzel.lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I understand you cannot determine any aliasing issues at compile time.
>> But I fail to see why there is no way to determine the size of the
>> temporary. Do you mean this cannot be done in Eigen as it is now or this
>> can generally not be determined at compile time?
> This is very difficult because aliasing might appear in very different
> ways, e.g.: [...]
Thanks for taking time to explain this to me. This was very enlightening.