Re: [eigen] 3.3-alpha1 released!

On 9/4/2015 6:19 PM, Gael Guennebaud wrote:
> Eigen 3.3-alpha1 has been released today, September 4, 2015.
>
> The source archive is at:
> http://bitbucket.org/eigen/eigen/get/3.3-alpha1.tar.bz2
>
> This alpha version introduces a novel evaluation mechanism of
> expressions, as well as numerous exciting features such as fast divide
> and conquer SVD [1], support for AVX and VSX vector instructions, more
> OpenMP parallelism [2], a LS-CG solver [3], and more. Check the page
> dedicated on the 3.3 release [4] for a comprehensive review of the
> novelties and improvements.
>
> As for any alpha and beta release, everybody is invited to test this
> release on their own basecode and report any compilation issues or
> performance regressions on the bugtracker [5].
>
> Complete changelog: http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=3.3
>
> [1] http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/dox-devel/classEigen_1_1BDCSVD.html
> [2] http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/dox-devel/TopicMultiThreading.html
> [3]
> http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/dox-devel/classEigen_1_1LeastSquaresConjugateGradient.html
> [4] http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=3.3
> [5] http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/bz

The following snippet does not compile anymore (I'm using MSVC14):

#include <Eigen/Core>
#include <Eigen/Cholesky>

#include <iostream>

int main()
{
    Eigen::Matrix<double, 1, 1> m;
    m.setOnes();

    std::cout << (m.transpose() * m).ldlt().solve(m) << std::endl;
}

The compilation succeeds only if I call .eval() before .ldlt().

There also seems to be a compilation issue with PermutationMatrix. I'm
trying to create a minimal working example.