|Re: [eigen] 3.3-alpha1 released!|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] 3.3-alpha1 released!
- From: Sergiu Dotenco <sergiu.dotenco@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2015 20:15:43 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=subject:to:references:from:message-id:date:user-agent:mime-version :in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=cfp6JOtopZhwti3dfzpTKKAl8INL3mjzx3yVKRaBQtM=; b=abXBmlFT4+qaIrnvqxj23N95o/sOBdp/tuwYo7SfGkifOh8jHsth40rkPFZ31oCDQK PIbSf+/RWCPvX5BDh0XEIrv4rNfs7boJjRDPyFZAPdVyV0qtgsCs3J/MgZvoqmfhBJbW OG5Fhcpdw9rlqmCpzImHOSY4r2lXDva5rnL310mrQEfKTU7jVAKmu1wl9MMf9t8O7Bq+ Dr4GCg9jhTWiAeivz+sYftXcxoR68GXHr5fHnjA29YG/ZNMYK03+oaGWDOYM24bedX71 RYnRbt+5Um9Z2QCr0x92/sNMnI1xbEdPvr1msrBN/jO/poAiR+PDZN/mG8XFWyV0RwL/ c2Gg==
On 9/4/2015 6:19 PM, Gael Guennebaud wrote:
> Eigen 3.3-alpha1 has been released today, September 4, 2015.
> The source archive is at:
> This alpha version introduces a novel evaluation mechanism of
> expressions, as well as numerous exciting features such as fast divide
> and conquer SVD , support for AVX and VSX vector instructions, more
> OpenMP parallelism , a LS-CG solver , and more. Check the page
> dedicated on the 3.3 release  for a comprehensive review of the
> novelties and improvements.
> As for any alpha and beta release, everybody is invited to test this
> release on their own basecode and report any compilation issues or
> performance regressions on the bugtracker .
> Complete changelog: http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=3.3
>  http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/dox-devel/classEigen_1_1BDCSVD.html
>  http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/dox-devel/TopicMultiThreading.html
>  http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=3.3
>  http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/bz
The following snippet does not compile anymore (I'm using MSVC14):
Eigen::Matrix<double, 1, 1> m;
std::cout << (m.transpose() * m).ldlt().solve(m) << std::endl;
The compilation succeeds only if I call .eval() before .ldlt().
There also seems to be a compilation issue with PermutationMatrix. I'm
trying to create a minimal working example.