|Re: [eigen] Eigen to use OpenCL on GPUs and FPGAs using SYCL.|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: "eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Eigen to use OpenCL on GPUs and FPGAs using SYCL.
- From: "Schleimer, Ben" <bensch128@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 16:37:34 +0000 (UTC)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s2048; t=1441211855; bh=e4lq1SguRrgokxFrVLMG7XB8Hm7HFwrv8QPIY7lf018=; h=Date:From:Reply-To:To:In-Reply-To:References:Subject:From:Subject; b=n0LOYAOWZQi3PYLJgSYayjQltYM7Jtqxn7AQv0+8Is4P77euberDum3UjrYYaC0i+3L8hDzArV9lq7OSWEUxICPqLGHkAHclXetYp6YQIDJlTqgsvbGS9gV6K7VuQmyk+s4rI5SMmKOQPilydJo2RA6+N2Buzw7oPWppf2BeMx+/K9qpr+IzcFdP4aQTOtSQu7JXBxeQ1L+bK7/279vrgdn5dKsD3FNquiixrHyxclHYjIOB8AK2gPTG1M1ls511yobeygd8GeOQQgRNjwU17RHyU1nUD7AQel6h/l9fC4sRIvHFM8id5kUhTNwXLc0WbFv5TCT/5wtHo4djApGFlQ==
This sounds like a great idea.
Can you give some idea of the compiler requirements for Eigen on SYCL?
I wish you the great of luck.
On Wednesday, September 2, 2015 6:44 AM, Luke Iwanski <luke@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We at Codeplay would like to port Eigen to use OpenCL for acceleration
on GPUs and FPGAs by using the SYCL open standard for C++ on OpenCL. The
design of the SYCL standard should integrate quite easily with Eigen as
it supports C++ template metaprogramming for offloading to accelerators.
Our plan currently is to start by porting tensor to use SYCL on top of
Is anyone looking into porting tensor or any other parts of Eigen to
OpenCL? Is there interest in a SYCL approach? And if so, any advice on
where we should start?