Re: [eigen] How do you link multiple versions (e.g. AVX vs SSE) of the same Eigen code?

On Tue, 27 Jan 2015, Benoit Jacob wrote:

An approach that works is to #define Eigen EigenAVX, but this is very
annoying because you can't anymore pass around Eigen objects, you have to
somehow reinterpret_cast them to EigenAVX objects.

I would expect EigenAVX::Vector4d to have an alignment of 32, and only 16 for EigenSSE::Vector4d (I did not check), which would mean they really are different types and you cannot pass the second one to a function expecting the first. So I am not sure how you intend to "pass around Eigen objects".

--
Marc Glisse