Re: [eigen] How do you link multiple versions (e.g. AVX vs SSE) of the same Eigen code?

Matrix4f is an important question. Are there AVX instructions to make it worth aligning it to 32 bytes? If so, also for operations such as Matrix4f * Vector4f?
An analogue question is if we can profit from vectorization for Matrix2f and SSE. E.g., a Matrix2f*Matrix2f product could be done with some shuffling, two pmuls and one padd (last time I checked, this product was not vectorized). Also, Matrix2f*Vector2f should be possible with some shuffling, one pmul and one hadd (and then storing only 8bytes of the result vector)

You're right, I was missing how AVX could be useful for smaller float cases, but that could be very interesting indeed.
Benoit

Christoph

Dipl.-Inf., Dipl.-Math. Christoph Hertzberg
Cartesium 0.049
Universität Bremen
Enrique-Schmidt-Straße 5
28359 Bremen