Re: [eigen] BDCSVD update

That's awesome. Needless to say, on such large matrices, JacobiSVD would be considerably slower.

Benoit

2013/8/21 Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

some fresh numbers after last Jitse commit. Computation times in second for a 1000x1000 random matrix, compared to Lapack's D&C implementation:

BDCSVD:         4.49042
BDCSVD  U+V:    14.3293
dgesdd_:        1.82801
dgesdd_ U+V:    3.16488

Actually, when only the singular values are computed, the bidiagonalization step takes about 90% of the computation time. Making it work on blocks (or better tiles), would likely permit to catch up with Lapack.

gael.