|Re: [eigen] Eigen and Visualization Toolkit (VTK)|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Eigen and Visualization Toolkit (VTK)
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 13:18:09 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=x-received:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id :subject:to:content-type; bh=rqVcYVyPu4bCDYX7Aiuwr9t5KOsRrZcARnil8LBHNO0=; b=qMcpqrgTGrGAvX5Bqvpt29hXEhmTaRxgAzZuW/lws0s6dUHD4D/czlKixQnzOk8giW 4A7DC2IZnMHjGiCe5oHb8pQl1JW0PnawAp7mAehvIfml1JlwgMFmPbSQF9fmCvQ42cHM j9sl5WT6p5L2gme0V6W318x3BZcLuTBn94gB5uajeM6hQA0a5mqIJflSBqIieNgfrF8n OU3BL3NI1La31mye2d52IE/4k89EM5EOGrA34WlpFmuAEJMUEK+vzFy2rBFv9dMUsrij AK+1BddS+fBXBAE5q40myasApjyWmR6eBhusQEd+9jXjTMf30UIcuv2H/RVAKErosknX FWaA==
I guess this information would be more useful to VES developers.
On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 9:22 AM, FMDSPAM <fmdspam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Benoit,
> sorry for reactivating such an old topic, but... it is because I'm
> (passively for now) interested in VTK an in Eigen.
> The VES project now knows about Eigen's MPL 2.0 Licensing (but there
> readme.txt is not up to date).
> I thought that might be still interesting.
> Cheers Frank
> Am 22.01.2012 20:30, schrieb Benoit Jacob:
> The only discussion I was involved with, was 2 years ago. It might be
> worth restarting it after (if) we do switch to MPL2. At that time,
> nothing particular came out of this discussion.
> CC'ing Marcus who might know more.
> 2012/1/22 FMDSPAM <fmdspam@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi List,
> a few month ago, if i remember it correctly, a discussion in the
> vtk-mailing list appears to use eigen as "the math lib" of vtk.
> Possibly benoit, who was involved, can sum up the result of this discussion.
> I am now accidentally came across "VES".
> Cite #1:
> "VES is the VTK OpenGL ES Rendering Toolkit. It is a C++ rendering
> library for mobile devices using OpenGL ES 2.0. VES integrates with the
> Visualization Toolkit (VTK)<http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK> to deliver
> scientific and medical visualization capabilities to mobile application
> Cite #2:
> "What about Licensing?
> VES may be used to develop and distribute open source and closed source
> applications and libraries. VES is licensed with the Apache License
> Version 2.0<http://public.kitware.com/ves-docs/license.html>. VES
> dependencies are VTK<http://www.vtk.org> and Eigen
> <http://eigen.tuxfamily.org>. VTK is licensed with the BSD license
> <http://www.vtk.org/VTK/project/license.html>. Eigen is licensed with
> the LGPL3+<http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.html>. Please visit Eigen's
> Licensing FAQ<http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=Licensing_FAQ>
> for more information."
> I thought that might be interesting.