|Re: [eigen] Announcement of CG libs|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Announcement of CG libs
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 12:53:53 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:x-received:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; bh=sth62pr8VlywGOqCZIR5Pd6zJEjYGpTxr5A0DG+wh0o=; b=yUT8ehcXY/rcxuA9NBCQYP8+bqS+Ee1036j8Q2286RqumW0fXxlW+2qrYNCNi0JeTd j09RbFrzWw+gVL7bTSKNu3btTS1aejtjceLVMwADobiiu6OJCqHS6BMnJud/NHVwVMOh ZTwxizrH3EUrcN/8vVbHPFzz7CUrZlF1Nukq9II9RjIhdZ3ahKgUtld1Aqu5QYJvW0c4 e+pXUmaFw3bGR1IhNh1LmVuvI48FjXAKQISwp20tL79zZbmHi2td3rR6f2ye9KEYd0pq FZHAbKV9i4YFYgWB0Ur/0pbc2NtKNM1RjMZX1cfhYOxri5m2gnzAMqSbTlQw/t6sLSv/ +hlQ==
That's awesome, Gael.
The project to watch is Emscripten,
So you can actually code in C++ with Eigen, and compile to the Web, today.
For now that only gives 10%--20% of native speed, on non-vectorized code; certain less on vectorized code like Eigen code.
But a project, asm.js, is under way to fix that:
Anyway, you can start using C++ and Eigen and target the Web, and be confident that any performance issues are being worked on.