|Re: [eigen] Announcement of CG libs|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Announcement of CG libs
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 18:04:53 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=x-received:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id :subject:to:content-type; bh=4ZmkiAS2c4enGsXTZspYSdx9/ZBo7j52smdRplHdrSk=; b=mpOsycMnpU33e80tvYfHMQZsJXAeo6s9G4gO2X+r9z20NdVEYBYxRY5hZWMWZH6qky jWHBHxSV1y/P7lBEMgzNLxUpEM5TOGaLHmrcWJavLy7AG5+Gx8Yvx2nEXkaeCkiX6YbA vsgMUF0ZR9P76KRplo4NFR6zS+uVzVoPKeeiyFKBT4ugxN1Xxz4WUs1DgooJJNlB1Hcg aiiYIYHciRNKzjGrFHj2uJPdaXhkFhn6yO85rd8RO9tFTPvHGki+wX/vKdLJ2IYO1k0w 3ODFmQaMzpARCfzem9S+Onp9bQpvchd3H1QupKMJzudwAhO6LGZybvxTtUQg/sZ59Lz4 tubA==
Excellent, so finally your eigen.js April's fool  is coming true ;)
On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 5:53 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> That's awesome, Gael.
> I would like to draw the attention of people on this list on recent
> somewhat of a shameless plug, as these projects are being developed by
> Mozilla engineers, but I think it's fair enough to mention that here.
> The project to watch is Emscripten,
> This is a LLVM-based compiler that will take any C/C++ project (really any
> representing the entire heap as a single JS Typed Array. Various usual
> libraries and frameworks are specially handled. For example, OpenGL 1.x and
> 2.x calls are converted into WebGL calls.
> So you can actually code in C++ with Eigen, and compile to the Web, today.
> For now that only gives 10%--20% of native speed, on non-vectorized code;
> certain less on vectorized code like Eigen code.
> But a project, asm.js, is under way to fix that:
> readily run in any existing browser. But this subset, contrary to general
> JS, is strongly optimizable, allowing the JS compiler to generate
> high-performance code when it sees asm.js constructs. It already gives
> 50%--70% of native speed on real code. SIMD is not handled yet, but probably
> falls into the scope of what could be solved by asm.js eventually.
> Anyway, you can start using C++ and Eigen and target the Web, and be
> confident that any performance issues are being worked on.
> 2013/3/19 Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
>> A course on Eigen will be given at CG libs : Smart Libraries for
>> Computer Graphics , held in Pisa, June 3-5.
>> CG Libs is a great initiative organized by the Eurographics Italian
>> chapter. Six open source libraries, including Eigen, will be deeply
>> presented. It is interesting to notice that except SpiderGL that is
>> - vcglib (http://vcg.sf.net/)
>> - Point Cloud Library (http://pointclouds.org/)
>> - ViennaCL (http://viennacl.sourceforge.net/)
>> - g2o (http://openslam.org/g2o.html)
>> - MeshLab (http://meshlab.sourceforge.net/)
>>  http://www.cglibs.org/