|Re: [eigen] Opinions on some minor features for 3.2|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Opinions on some minor features for 3.2
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 17:38:56 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=x-received:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id :subject:to:content-type; bh=qWV87hrr36PGVqEaTpXrk4mpF/W+8qd9hfjKWm7l2kU=; b=fJwY1ctXRFEKjRgIQfJyCEq6Nv2wXQ42Xfi+almabmt/ew2q4KY8jhKo8nEFKXrglm 1l7sAMd+mNpr4Mx+pmvSV62q45oKtW0RSaagjIAs2ycP4GnoAukQ/2wElQQrcJXBbnN6 Y615HxrzKcuNJ/TFR80d+NX0FYlSWKkYCp0kVkMw11Me22l0AjxrkIYhqNSdheOn8O5/ K0ABOCoCcTWmcwWAVb1h2Vn9jHxVMengMBlhfJHIIfc9JppL9Gp83xMALoelM7GGHpwz 4FrrB12Ieo+YNazxUawSegwTYoloqAOfSoZAFwNAueGlf9l47gEofKDLPc+BLd+wPqD3 eJjA==
On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 4:56 PM, Billy Araujo <billyaraujo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It would be nice if Eigen had a feature in Sparse and Dense Matrices
> to eliminate a row/column thus reducing size of matrix and obtain
> permutation vector and a right hand vector with the know values.
> similiar suggested by:
> this would be useful for finite element analysis. I have done this on
> top of eigen and can contribute my code for further clean up and
> testing as I am not too familiar with eigen's inner architecture.
OK, this is clearly not for 3.2, but I'm still interested to see your
approach in more details. So feel free to add a bug report with your
code (even not polished, it's just to make your approach clearer).
Probably as a new entry since bug 273 is about simply changing the row
by en empty one with 1 one the diagonal, that is a bit different but
still interesting to preserve fixed size blocks!