Re: [eigen] question on alignment

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Sylvain Pointeau
<sylvain.pointeau@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is it happening to everybody to end up with all classes having
> EIGEN_MAKE_ALIGNED_OPERATOR_NEW?

There exist exceptions but they come at a price. You will most likely
loose portability.

I am e.g. developing solely with VC compilers and only in 64bit mode -
this is one of those rare and special cases where I know that
everything is properly aligned and I do not need to use
EIGEN_MAKE_ALIGNED_OPERATOR_NEW nor Eigen::aligned_allocator. I guess
you can imagine the issues I would be facing when I wanted to go back
to 32bit code, or maybe simply switch to another compiler which does
not ensure this alignment.

Regards,
Hauke