|Re: [eigen] question on alignment|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] question on alignment
- From: Sylvain Pointeau <sylvain.pointeau@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 11:37:54 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=M4iZSw4Ka/KQr1+0vZVwbOp7LQrjXnPPDmOErNHijuM=; b=MHH92rz/YAFygfh2MSyo6hpIbdAqt7ZCXCx0pqhZlez3h26/OR7Kkd9wLH5lLCZ8ym 8tZwcnlWzKYOh1wwbY87JOPd0JSBMxPHQqDiC5XMKRyoXLLbOY70zyp24Od5ACH2BfXG 8v3ETd1DykWCL6AX+xp0+JK0ygoTPcZGfKMaMbcNA54VszbprUCVj4cXrNh6mh3VwIo9 BI8PxYKXB6vSUEVBwa2bgu4s69aZokRppNplKPi+G/KAgjGBdT2RBPo3g5JVEZoSbYMA +iKas3uSnMf6SA0JrVAySWMmgRl3vffh3odK6WUh/nbYnqcdh0rCsT7OeezXSV2Iu9wY 8sxQ==
>> so basically, I will end up having the EIGEN_MAKE_ALIGNED_OPERATOR_NEW in all my classes ...
>> is it something common?
>> (through it is not annoying in my case)
> I'm afraid that I don't get the question. Maybe this page can help:
Is it happening to everybody to end up with all classes having
(in my case the basic classes have eigen members and then are
composing bigger objects)
>> I have another question:
>> I observed a 50% boost when I activated the link time optimisation. (I
>> am just converting my program to use eigen compared to my own lib)
>> is it Eigen or another thing I missed? from my previous experience of
>> other programs, the LTO didn't have a big effect.
> So did you compare the same program with your library and with Eigen, with
> and without LTO?
The issue here is that the program before Eigen did not compile with
this option LTO.
It is a "build failed error" that I don't know how to fix it.
(I am using clang + LLVM + c++11 on mac os x - latest version of xcode 4.5.1)