|[eigen] Re: Need your agreement for Eigen MPL2 relicensing|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [eigen] Re: Need your agreement for Eigen MPL2 relicensing
- From: Kibeom Kim <kkimlabs@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 02:44:12 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=64dHyWAn34fQhRMn5SfvqndPtQX7UHEYUWyb5FwQbVA=; b=B9nk4mS1Ky9GYnCZ009JfrFZQDZ4qZJ9f01T4CesEFPQ0kf9996XrVTX6RySCemDfn GnWn1cDxoPYXfJtvZZF8jde540ty6JY1ql70bGhvYJWApsUSsDBVN1YXtNgHnpmaGZSV cvVikqYZM33MZbmYWSEWPYokaNcp7X3mnjvohxpJezMzItFSqfDJA9x1WZpe1MyzBTJx U/0nzWU0VfpK41GtL7ysSGzBX87GB/4Igv0O4KsTzNT2AXn42k88Q4aPIxuN6xA9fUR7 eGQ6zvQ3VeeAowgxVZFe92RfbOrPgfmTvALgP3i61JmnfMouInL3/lH1UpaGWDirSWES mmjQ==
I agree on releasing Eigen as MPL2 or latter. (In fact, I'm a big fan of MPL)
Furthermore, I grant a permission to current/future Eigen maintaining team to release Eigen as any open source license approved by FSF or OSI.
On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 1:45 AM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
As you may know if you have followed the Eigen project recently, we
have relicensed to the MPL2 license:
In doing so, we have contacted every contributor who had at least 3
changesets in the tree. Indeed, contacting absolutely every
contributor was a lot of work, and we had to pick an arbitrary limit
to our effort to contact contributors. Unfortunately, as you only have
2 changesets in the tree, we haven't contacted you yet. Further
analysis has found that your contributions are important enough that
we really need to get your agreement. Could you please say whether you
agree to the MPL2 relicensing of your Eigen contributions?
Please send your reply to eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx so that it is
archived. The list has been temporarily opened to non-members to make
this easy for you.