|Re: [eigen] Serious conflict between Dynamic and -1 in Diagonal<>|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Serious conflict between Dynamic and -1 in Diagonal<>
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 15:20:51 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; bh=8GR4L34/HtsbwFvztz8vozyQnAnKEneh9NCJWGO+D0s=; b=O95AYzn2dArH8zvNp1pfIPhHXuGboFINe1eq+6qPug7PglXIdNO4SRRkN4SmjJzspw rE993+XaNqHHVEgAwZzEy9rJY9UXqZSmBLUE57N+uJCd4gpdYO5wVImjjGvscfn8sl6o 32HSW6qopa85EuGDR+XTKUPWH5eCRo1/4xQ1rtmuaa1D3ScSXlgxvP+DjhvumkLQZ8ah d8tTtT/kmTLFYRYR0OWizo55lALOCvW7aUfQRlXuQQ86LIo+XqVVq1LZ/K+sNRtpMejO Wl1mm7/gEa/LxLuNqhwdBrUCT+Dy34LBB7rONdZkRS3RtMC84X5FPpD1moLfnaPbiXB5 Wt7w==
it has to be of the same type as integral constants (1, 2, 10, etc.)
when used as a template parameter. Otherwise, we would had to do
Eigen::Matrix<double, Eigen::Size<3>, Eigen::Size<4> >
to declare a 3x4 matrix.
So there is no way we can detect users don't write Diagonal<MatrixXd,
Dynamic>, but well, according to the (future) documentation, it's like
That's ok wrt the compiler, and we cannot detect such mistake, but it
just does not make sens.
On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Rhys Ulerich <rhys.ulerich@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Not sure how you'd
>> accomplish that cleanly since DynamicSize is signed and DynamicIndex
>> has to be signed.
> I take that back if you'd intended to use a tag type and not an enum
> for DynamicIndex. Curiosity, why was Dynamic made an integer instead
> of a tag type?
> - Rhys