Re: [eigen] MPL2 relicensing: tracking 3rd-party code

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 9:12 AM, Cyrille Berger Skott
<cberger@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Saturday 30 Jun 2012, Benoit Jacob wrote:
> > Following links, I arrived at this license file for MINPACK:
> > http://www.netlib.org/minpack/disclaimer
> >
> > Can anyone tell if this license is acceptable? From a quick glance, it
> > looks like a BSD-ish license.
>
> The problem is clause 3, it looks very much like an advertisement clause which
> are not GPL-compatible, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-
> list.html#OriginalBSD.

No it is not a advertisment clause, and it is compatible with gpl
clause 2 say approximatively the same:
- print that the software is copyrighted under gpl2 if interactive

> It is very likely that the minpack license is acceptable for MPL, but I think
> it is not compatible with GPL.

No it is compatible and documentation could be only a LICENSE FILE.

Clause 4 and 5 are only governement limatation of warranty

Bastien